Take a day and visit Aswan. See the High Dam and the amazing unfinished oblisk and see how the ancient Egyptians cut these huge stone pillars. Then visit the wonderful Philae Temple which was dedicated to the goddess Isis.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
Details about this tour
Take a day tour to the High Dam an engineering miracle built in 1960 protecting Egypt from annual floods from the Nile.Then journey on to visit the Unfinished Obelisk which shows how the ancient Egyptians cut the stone. It is believed this obelisk belongs to Queen Hatshepsut one of the rulers of the 18th Dynasty. Then onto the beautiful Philae Temple which was built in honour of the Goddess Isis.
Philae was said to be one of the burying-places of Osiris, it was held in high reverence both by the Egyptians to the north and the Nubians to the south. It was deemed profane for any but priests to dwell there .Apparantley neither birds flew over it nor fish approached its shores.
- Pick up service from your hotel in Aswan and return
- All transfers by a modern A/C vehicle
- All service charges & taxes
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Any extras
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Children must be accompanied by an adult
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate