Sail on a felucca to the Botanic Gardens on Kitchener Island with the company of a qualified Egyptologist guide. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the island and the freedom of setting your own itinerary with the luxury of a private tour.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Details about this tour
From your vantage point on the felucca you will see Agha Khan Mausoleum, situated on the top of a hill, commanding a magnificent view of Aswan area. On the West Bank the desolate hillside is dotted with the Tombs of the Nobles which your qualified Egyptologist guide will give a brief history of as you sail by.
Your felucca ride to Kitchener Island takes around 20 minutes, depending on wind speed and Nile currents, and on arrival your guide will accompany you to Aswan Botanic Gardens. Visit the small botanical museum before strolling through the tranquil gardens which are home to many exotic species of plants and trees imported from all around the world. The Aswan Botanic Gardens are a quiet and peaceful oasis from the hustle and bustle of everyday Egyptian life, and young couples and families from Aswan often spend their day enjoying the island.
Returning to your felucca you will return to Aswan's East Bank, riding the currents and winds on a relaxing sail with the expertise and knowledge of your local felucca captain!
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- Experience sailing in the Nile river like ancient times.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivans ; pick up from hotel and drop off.
- Bottled mineral water during the tour.
- Soft drinks.
- Entry/Admission - Aswan Botanical Garden
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infants must sit on laps
Transportation is wheelchair accessible