They say a trip to Belgium is never complete unless you taste some of the refreshing local brew. Belgium has more than 1,100 original Belgian beers waiting for you to discover. Whether you like your beer strong or fruity, theres one out there for your taste buds! Join a Local Host who is as passionate as you are about sampling new brews as well as the classics and immerse yourself in the citys delicious heritage, discovering which pubs the locals really drink in for a truly authentic taste of the citys beer culture.
Details about this tour
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Discover the Belgian beer scene and become a connoisseur in Belgian beers with a beer loving Local Host who will combine beer tasting with food pairing. In an authentic atmosphere of out-of-sight Belgian bars and abbeys, you will taste the best Belgian beers that suits your taste buds.
With the help of a local host, you will evade the risk of choosing the wrong beer, as our beer loving local hosts will give you tips on which beers you might like according to your preferences. Whether you're sipping on a Lambic, Saison, Dubbel, or Witbier, Belgium is an exceptional example of tradition meeting innovation that lives through to present day.
Follow your local hosts through the alleyways that hide the authentic bars that only the locals know and learn more about the history of beer brewing in Belgium, the Trappist beers and the beer culture in the everyday Belgian life all the while sipping the strong beers, meeting like-minded Belgians with your local host by your side.EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Join a history loving local to explore Brussels beer scene and discover the best of Brussels brews.
- Stroll through the back alleyways with your local host to find the hidden bars and abbeys known only by locals.
- Learn about Belgiums rich beer culture and learn the history of beer brewing in Belgium.
- See why Belgium is known today as one of the best beer brewers in the world.
- Get recommendations from your local for other areas to explore in Brussels and more local bars and abbeys to try out during the remainder of your trip.
- Private and personalised experience
- Taste 6-8 of the best Brussel's brews
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Food and additional drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Well be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you wont find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate