Brussels is the capital city of Europe and the administrative heart of the European Union, but its much more than just a bureaucratic nerve centre. On a personalised experience with your Local Host by your side, discover how its melting pot of cultures, from migrant workers to Europhiles, along with the EU institutions which have made their home here have shaped the city into the cultural hub we know it as today.
Details about this tour
What you'll do
Begin in the European Quarter, and stroll through the beautiful Cinquantenaire Park and along Montgomery Street, soaking up the atmosphere in the citys most luxurious area with your knowledgeable Local Host.
Stroll through the picturesque Leopold park then visit the Parlamentarium, an interactive museum about the EU, how the parliament operates and how its members work towards European integration.
With a Local Host by your side, youll be able to go beyond the shiny glass facades and modern high rises where the EU institutions are housed, getting to know what really goes on behind these closed doors and how living amongst these important sites affects life in the city.
You may be surprised to learn that a literal stones throw from the EU Parliament, squeezed in between government offices and the luxurious boutiques of Avenue louise is a vibrant quarter of the city which was established by Congolese migrants and named Matong. Stroll through this buzzing neighbourhood and stop by a local bar where migrants and Europhiles all head for an after work drink!
Leave behind Luxembourg Square and take the metro to the Atomium, the citys most iconic symbol, and discover how its significance as well as stopping by the Mini Europe Park.
What to expect
* Discover the heart of the EU as you explore Brussels European Quarter and visit its landmark institutions
* Wander through this beautiful district and stroll through its beautiful parks and squares
* Visit the EU Parliament and the Parlamentarium, the museum where you can learn more about the EU
* Gain a unique local perspective how institutions like the European commission have affected the city
* Visit a vibrant and diverse neighbourhood next to the European Quarter and have a drink
* Take the metro to discover the Atomium and mini europe Park
- What's Included
- 100% Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- Scenic walking experience
- Authentic local knowledge and insights
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so youll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses youll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate