Whitsunday Crocodile Safari is a safe, all-weather nature excursion which takes guests to see crocodiles in the wild in the Whitsundays. The safari enables you to explore the estuaries and wetlands of the Whitsundays and to discover the vegetation and wildlife in these unique habitats. Your tour begins with a courtesy bus transfer from Airlie Beach to Proserpine. You will experience a calm water cruise on Proserpine River, spotting estuarine crocodiles in natural habitat, and then explore Goorganga Plains wetlands on a tractor-drawn wagon train. Your day tour includes a delicious barbecue lunch and traditional billy tea and damper, so have your camera and your appetites ready!
- Instant Confirmation
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Ideal choice for families
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Details about this tour
The Whitsunday Crocodile Safari is a full day tour that incorporates a number of different activities to ensure you see the very best of the "wild Whitsundays". Included in the day is a calm-water river cruise along the Proserpine River sighting wild crocodiles and an array of other wildlife, an open-air wagon tour through wetlands, and a Queensland mudcrab capture and display.
The natural attractions of the Whitsundays region do not end at the reef and islands. Local estuaries and wetlands stretch inland from the coast to the Proserpine River, home to the estuarine crocodile, many species of native birds, mammals, reptiles and marine animals. Don't miss the chance to see crocodiles in the wild!
Further travel north or to the Northern Territory is no longer necessary to see a fantastic display of Australian wildlife at its best, the Whitsunday Crocodile Safari, Naturally Australia!
- A two hour calm-water cruise on the Proserpine River with saltwater crocodile watching.
- An open air, elevated tractor drawn, wagon-train tour
- Queensland mudcrab capture and display
- Aussie BBQ lunch
- Freshly cooked, traditional bushman's damper and billy tea
- Comprehensive commentary delivered by experienced local guides
- Return coach transfers from Airlie Beach/Shute Harbour and mainland accommodation
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
What to Bring: Binoculars, camera, hat, jacket or pullover, sunscreen
Crocodiles sightings are not be guaranteed