This fully guided 3 day tour fromJerusalem will take youthrough Jordans extraordinary history and past some of its most beautiful natural wonders. Discover the ancient city of Jerash, the capital Amman, the world wonder Petra and the impressive desert landscape of Wadi Rum!
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Details about this tour
From Jerusalem, your first day starts by crossing to Jordan via the Sheikh Hussein border. Driving past the lush mountains of the countrys north, your first stop is one of the worlds best-preserved Roman cities: Jerash. The impressive Hadrians arch marks the entrance to a variety of colonnaded streets, perfectly designed theatres and vast squares.
After a traditional lunch, youll head to Ammans Citadel, where you can learn about the history of one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, and enjoy the panoramic views across this modern capital. In the afternoon, the route will take you to a Bedouin camp near modern Petra, allowing the unique experience of Bedouin hospitality including a delicious dinner, local music and stargazing next to a warming campfire. Youll spent the night here in one of the traditional, comfortable huts, where real beds and sheets are provided alongside a towel.
The next morning, youll board your minivan again just after breakfast and depart for Petra. The entire day is dedicated to wandering the red-rose city and its famous archaeological sites built by the Nabataeans some 2.000 years ago. The first half will be a guided tour past the siq and the treasury, while after a local lunch youll have time to go explore other sites like the monastery or royal tombs. In the evening, youll head back for dinner and another night in the Bedouin camp.
Your last day consists of an exciting 4x4 Jeep tour through the virtually untouched, moon-like desert landscape of Wadi Rum. After lunch at a local restaurant, youll make your way to the Allenby Border crossing, and arrive back in Jerusalem by late evening.
- Full Transportation
- Full Guiding
- Overnight stay in a hut in a Bedouin camp shared by two travelers in real beds with sheets and a towel.
- 4x4 Jeep tour in Wadi Rum
- Custom-made mobile app, packed with details, maps and photos about the destinations
- All Meals (first day: lunch & dinner, second day: breakfast, lunch & dinner, third day: breakfast & lunch)
- Religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unable to be accommodated unfortunately on this tour
- Entry/Admission - Petra
- Entry/Admission - The Citadel
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Wadi Rum Protected Area
- Total of 45$ border taxes. 31$ Israeli tax (payable in US Dollars, Euros or Jordanian Dinar) will be paid on the first day, 14$ will be paid on the second day for the Jordanian exit fee (payable only in 10 Jordanian Dinar cash)
- Travel insurance
- Tips (Similar to restaurants in the US and Europe, tipping is part of the culture and economy in the Middle East)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
What to bring:
Money for border crossing and exit fee
Warm clothes for night
No pre-arranged visa is required on this tour for most Western countries (it will be issued at the border crossing). However, please make sure you know about your country's visa restrictions, as residents of some countries need to apply in advance. Also ensure that you're eligible for a visa on arrival for re-entering Israel, or already have a multiple entry visa in advance.
Israeli Citizens; please note that this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders. If you have an additional foreign passport, please get in touch with us prior to the tour for special border crossing instructions.
Certain religious objects and clothes can cause issues at the border crossing. Please consult with us in advance if you wish to bring such items.
If you're traveling alone, it is likely you will need to share a room with a person of the same gender (depending on the group size). Private tents are available for an addition of 150 ILS per night which will be paid to the guide on the day of the tour.
Please be aware that some sites may be closed or visiting times shortened during Muslim Holidays (especially Ramadan)
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers