In Livorno port at disembark from your cruise ship meet our selected professional English speaking driver for your private shore excursion tour in Tuscany. At your arrival in Pisa, the Tuscany art town considered the birthplace of Romanic rich in art and architecture,you will have time to enjoy the famous Bell Tower (The Leaning Tower), the Duomo and the Baptistery. You have free time for Gelato Tasting!Tour of Carrara marble quarries on 44 off road vehicle Land RoverVisit the marble quarries on 44 off road vehicle is a unique and profound experience. It means to enjoy the charm of places inaccessible for most of the visitors, traveling along winding and steep roads together with trucks which, incessantly, challenge technical and human limits.Kind note: according the availability, the stop in Pisa will be before the Carrara Marble Tour or on the way back to La spezia
Details about this tour
Pisa and Carrara Marble Tour Private Shore Excursion from Livorno
After having met your driver at the cruiser terminal in Livorno (welcome sign with your name), sit back and enjoy your drive through the Tuscan countryside towardsPisa. Time to enjoy thehighlights like: the Duomo, the most famous Bell Tower (The Leaning Tower) and the Baptistery. You have free time for your shopping and Gelato Tasting!
Carrara Marble Tour
Tour to the famouse quarries of carrara, where marble has been axtracted since the Roman time, including the blocks used by Michelangelo himself, as well Giotto, Donatello and Bernini( just to name a few ). Inspect the quarries and admire the breath taking views of the mediterranean sea. A nice lunch based on the famous lardo di colonnata, the traditional food eaten by the masons here for centuries, can be a nice opportunity to enjoy this part of Tuscany(lunch not included). We continue our tour and descend to the cost of Pietrasanta to admire a working marble studio and see where the stones are carved into magnificent works. Enjoy a guided visit of the historic center of Pietrasanta.
This is virtually impossible to imagine until you see it with your own eyes could be the better description for this specific destination. Carrara marble is known and highly appreciated all over the world. The Carrara marble caves reveal a completely different show from what we are used to see. The majesty of the Apuan Alps is already a breathtaking sight that pays the cost of the ticket. If you consider the impressiveness of the caves, this tour has all the characteristics of a rarity not to be missed.
007 was Here in 2008 - "007 Quantum of Solace" (2008), as theset of the spectacular car chase that opens the film, directed by Marc Forster and starring Daniel Craig.
Not enough for you? Come and try the famous Colonnata bacon famous such the Michelangelo Bacon Breakfast !
Kind note: according the availability of the Carrara Marble Tour, the stop in Pisa will be before the Carrara Marble Tour or on the way back to La Spezia
After your tour, relax on the 70 minutes transfer back to your ship in La Spezia (Liguria Region).
- Pick-up directly at your ship
- In Lia Spezia port at disembark from your cruise ship meet our selected professional English speaking driver for your private shore excursion tour in Tuscany (Pisa and Carrara Marble Quarries
- Welcome sign will be always UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN plus your NAME
- Pick up time will be always at 8.00 am
- Transportation service: Deluxe Mercedes/Audi car (1-3 people) or Deluxe Mercedes Viano/Opel Vivaro/Ford (4-8 people) with professional English speaking
- Tour of Carrara marble quarries on 44 off raod vehicle Land Rover
- Time to see the famous Leaning Tower
- Gelato stop at Antica Gelateria.
- Time to see the famous Carrara Marble Quarry that was in the movie "007 Quantum of Solace" (2008), as the scenario of the spectacular car chase that opens the film, directed by Marc Forster and starring Daniel Craig
- Time for authentic lunch at Pietrasanta (Michelangelo town)
- Bottled water
- Food & beverage
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Print your voucher and give directly at your Driver
Kind note: please give us the name of your ship dock in Livorno (Leghorn)
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate