This full-day, private guided tour in and around the desert capital Ouarzazate gives you an overview of the film studios and different movie sites of the area. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to visit two ancient kasbahs without hassle. Tour the famous At Ben Haddou-Kasbah and Ouarzazate, known as the "Hollywood of Morocco".
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Details about this tour
At 9:00 am you will meet your guide in front of your riad or hotel in the city of Ouarzazate. Start the day at the old kasbah of Ouarzazate, Taourirt, where you have some time to explore the narrow pedestrian streets on your own. Afterward, you can have a look at the movie museum just on the other side of the road. Continue to the Atlas Corporation film studios, where you can discover the diverse sets and listen to the anecdotes of the multiple movies and actors. Several famous movies like Gladiator, Babel and Prince of Persia
At lunch time you'll travel a gravel road to Aït Ben Haddou and have a look at the fortified city wall used in the movie "Gladiator" starring Russel Crowe.
The famous Kasbah Aït Ben Haddou, the fortified clay city with its numerous ksars and kasbahs is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site and has also been used for many shots for Hollywood movies. Enjoy a guided tour and have your lunch in an authentic restaurant before or after. From the highest point up the hill, you can enjoy a fantastic panoramic view over Aït Ben Haddou and the valley up to the snow covered Grand Atlas Mountains.
Travel back to Ouarzazate and be dropped off at your hotel or riad in the late afternoon.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle, including fuel
- Private tour
- Private driver/guide
- Entry/Admission - Atlas Film Studio
- Museum and kasbah entrance fees
- Local guide at Ait Ben Haddou
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate