This river is the natural southern border of Manuel Antonio National Park. The section you will explore goes from the town of Villanueva in the mountains to the Llamarón Bridge on the road from Quepos to Dominical. On these 8 miles of whitewater you will run rapids like “La Piñata”, “El Cesar” & “Robin Hood” running the first 5 miles of continuous action. On the second half of the run, the river opens up on the Pacific flat lands giving you the opportunity to enjoy the view of many species of birds like the Ringed King Fisher, Tiger Herons and the White Ibis. With a little bit of luck you might be able to see one of the river otters or crocodiles that live on the river. .
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
- Free snacks included
- Ideal choice for families
Details about this tour
The trip starts at your hotel, where a minibus will pick you up and take you to the meting point where you will check in for the trip. The drive is about 35 minutes to the river, passing through Oil Palm, Melina, Teak plantations and a couple of Costarican little towns. Once there, the guides will gear you up and after a safety talk you will start your descent maneuvering the rapids of the mighty Naranjo River.
The river trip last about 1 hour and 45 minutes and you will stop on one of the river shores for a delicious snack.
- Transfers from and to the Manuel Antonio / Quepos area
- Snacks (fruit, juices, water, cookies)
- All the specialized gear needed for the activity (helmets, PFDs, paddles)
- Professional, bilingual & friendly guides
- Transfers outside the Manuel Antonio-Quepos area
- Photography service
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Not recommended for pregnant travelers