A unique full day adventure to fully enjoy one ofthe roughest sections of the Argentine Northwest. An unforgettable journey where enjoying nature with "the five senses". This is a different option wherenature interpretation, multiple photo stops, visits to archaeological sites and observation of flora and faunais made.It is a trek through one of the most beautiful landscapes in the region withmagnificent views of the Cuesta del obispo.
Details about this tour
A day of adventure begins
This tripdeparts from the city of Salta to the south, passing through the town of Cerrillos, El Carril and then turn west towards Chicoana, through the jungle environment of the Yungas and after a few kilometers of ascent, is enters the Quebrada de Escoipe, where cactus, cacti, carob trees and a landscape of red rocks and crops are multicolored.An experience with a local bus line
After about 2 hours of transfer, the vehicle is left in a place named Margarita and the group take a local bus line, which is used by locals to move around different places and tourists traveling independently to Cachi.This bus will take the group about 20 kilometers up to the entrance to the National Park and from where the trek begins.Technical details
- Departure Time:Every day at 7:00 am. (pickup at you place)
- Duration:Full Day. 11hours approx. (Transfer + trekk)
- Walking Time:Between 4 and 6 hours (The duration varies according to group level).
- Walking distance: 17,4 km. aprox.
- Positive Elevation gain: +632 meters.
- Negative elevation: -1590 meters.
- Difficulty:Moderate / Hard, people can participate, with good physically fit and technical skill to walk in narrow trails.
- Region:Cuesta del obispo / Quebrada de Escoipe / Cordillera Oriental o Precordillera.
- Include: Transfers, Trekking Sticks, Snacks, Lunch (picnic), bilingual guide, Insurance.
- Price: See theTours Price List
- Trekking shoes with socks (with good tread, may not be smooth soles);
- Long trousers (preferably demountable);
- 1 warm jacket (even in summer);
- Backpack 30 lts minimum must contain: 2 liters of water, 1 windbreak, insect repellent for summer days, sunscreen;
- Hat and sunglasses;
- Local taxes
- Afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Coffee and/or Tea
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Children must be accompanied by an adult
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers