Discover why Muir Woods and the Northern California wine country are two of San Francisco's most popular day-trip destinations on this great value tour combo. Start the day with a refreshing stroll through Muir Woods National Monument, where you'll explore a spectacular redwood sequoia forest, then visit the wine country for some superb wine tasting at Napa and Sonoma's wineries. Bonus: view Alcatraz and the Marin Headlands from the Golden Gate Bridge and beat the crowds at Muir Woods!
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free drinks included
Details about this tour
Get an early start at Muir Woods National Monument with hotel pickup in the morning. Youll depart San Francisco, passing the Palace of Fine Arts and the Presidio, for a drive north across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. Gaze at the city skyline and Alcatraz Island en route to the renowned wine country of Northern California.
Enjoy early arrival at Muir Woods, before most other tour groups reach the park. This national monument is the site of a virgin forest of California Coast redwood trees, among the oldest and tallest on Earth. You'll have approximately one hour to admire the groves of giant sequoias. Behold the majestic redwoods as you take a leisurely nature walk with your informative guide, who points out native coastal flora and fauna including ferns, laurel trees and the occasional deer.
Cross moss-lined creeks and stand in awe beneath trees that reach 250 feet (76 meters) skyward. Then re-board the vehicle to spend a leisurely afternoon wine tasting at three wineries in Napa Valley and Sonoma County. Typical stops include Madonna Estate Winery, Cline Cellars and Mayo Family Winery, but locations are subject to change, depending on availability.
Youll spend up to one hour at each selected winery, with the opportunity to try 3 to 5 delicious wines, enjoy a sparkling wine tasting, and purchase bottled wine to take home. All wine tastings are complimentary!
Arrive at your first winery in the Carneros region of Sonoma County, where you'll indulge in a variety of elegant wines. Stroll the winery grounds, take scenic photos among the vines, and enjoy the friendly atmosphere as you enjoy a personalized experience.
You have an hour of free time at the Sonoma Plaza to purchase lunch, browse the boutiques or enjoy additional wine tasting at the many tasting rooms (fees not included), before sipping more California varietals at your second and third winery, including Napa Valley.
Then relax on the return journey over the Golden Gate Bridge, enjoying sweeping views of the San Francisco Bay and seaside cliffs before hotel drop-off.
Redwoods & Wine Country Escape with Gourmet Food & Wine Pairing UPGRADE
- Muir Woods National Monument, Sonoma & Napa Valley in 1 Day
- Enjoy an exclusive three course gourmet food and wine pairing!
- Lunch for children not included in rate and needs to get paid at the restaurant
- Expert guide and commentary
- Wine tasting at 3 wineries
- Hotel pickup and drop-off(most hotels in downtown San Francisco/Fisherman's Wharf area, but do not pick up outside SF city limits)
- Gourmet lunch (upgrade; select at checkout if desired)
- Free Wifi on vehicle
- Muir Woods National Park entrance fee (USD10.00)
- Additional food and drinks
- Lunch for children is not included in rate and will need to be paid at restaurant. Children order a la carte. (Customer is responsible for payment on site)
- Cheese Board with fresh fruit
- White Beans & Vegetables (Option 1) topped with almond-arugula pesto
- Baby Mixed Greens (Option 2) tossed with fresh herbs vinaigrette, red grape tomatoes and croutons
- Mushroom Ravioli (Option 1) with homemade bolognaise and grated parmesan cheese
- Grilled Salmon (Option 2) over sautéed vegetables, drizzled with balsamic reduction
- Fusilli Pasta (Option 3) With arugula-almond pesto and parmesan cheese
- Pork Scallopini (Option 4) Mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and caper butter sauce
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years or under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height
Audio tour headsets available in Spanish, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements. Please bring USD20.00 deposit on the day of the tour. This will be refunded at the end
For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Towers on 333 O'Farrell Street (Maison Street entrance) if your hotel is not listed
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund